As relationship counselor and best-selling author John Gray pointed out, catholic position on viagra men and women are from different planets. There are obvious differences between women and men in anatomy, physiology, hormones, and metabolism. So why do running books take a one-sex-fits-all approach to training? Finally, here's one that doesn't.
Running for Women provides comprehensive information on training female runners based on their cardiovascular, hormonal, metabolic, muscular, and viagra pharmacy london anatomical characteristics.
This authoritative guide tackles the topics women need to know:
• The impact of the menstrual cycle on hydration, body temperature, metabolism, and muscle function
• The most effective workouts for endurance, speed and strength, lactate threshold, and VO2max
• How and when to train during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and menopause
• Preventing knee injuries, stress fractures, and other female- specific running-related injuries
• Avoiding the risks of the female athlete triad—disordered eating, osteoporosis, and menstrual irregularities
• How to use sex differences to your advantage
Based on the latest research on estrogen, metabolism, and other sex-specific performance factors, Running for Women will change the way you fuel, train, and compete. If you're serious about running, this is one book you must own.
“Using meticulous research, Drs. Karp and Smith have created a practical and intriguing masterpiece for female runners of viagra online order all ages and abilities. Highly recommended!”
- Lorraine Moller, Boston Marathon Winner, Olympic Marathon medalist, and Co-founder of the Lydiard Foundation
"Dr. Karp's expertise and knowledge into the world of funny cialis commercial running, physiology and mechanics behind it surpasses even the most avid runner's expectations and knowledge. As a personal friend of Dr. Karp and a fellow Personal Trainer, I often scrutinize the viagra online viagra buy prescription writings and works of fellow peers, and Jason's research into the role of the endocrine system and the female athlete is by far the most superior work I have seen to date. He truly understands the needs of the female triad, the needs of the female during training for extreme races and cialis and nevada pharmacy marathons and has the gift of compassion and understanding. A first-class author, educator, athlete and friend. A MUST READ!!!!!"
- Erin Morgart
"This books is great- it explains the science behind improving running, instead of just giving instructions or giving anecdotes. The female-specific information covers issues that I have never seen before: monthly hormonal changes, order cialis on line female anatomy, and specific health issues for women. It also provides practical advice, with weekly plans and stretches and strength training. All movements (stretches and strength training) have clear directions and images. This book is probably not for the "couch-to-5k" beginner, discount cialis generic but for the runner who is ready to improve on her running. If you're ready to really understand running and see some improvement, this book will not disappoint!"
- Deborah, Honolulu, HI
“In Running for Women, Dr. Karp and Dr. Smith provide women and good online place to buy viagra their coaches a clear path to success and enjoyment in training and racing.”
- Joe Compagni, Head Cross Country and Track and Field Coach, Monmouth University
"This book is phenomenal! It helped me understand my body better as a Woman athlete. This author is well knowledged and represents this information in a citrate meltabs and viagra way that was easy for me to understand! I look forward to more of his books!"
“In Running for Women, Carolyn Smith and Jason Karp combine scientific research with realistic guidelines that all women can follow to combat the effects of aging.”
- Meghan Arbogast, Four-time Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier, team USA leader at the World 100K Championships, and 100K World-Record Holder for 50+ age group
Paperback: 232 pages
Publisher: Human Kinetics (June 14, 2012)
10% of the profit on every book sold will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure in memory of the author's mother.